- You must take all measures under your control to minimise any loss.
- In the event of loss or damage which may give rise to a claim under this insurance,
a) the insured must take all measures under your control to minimise any loss, and
b) notification of your intent to make a claim must be given as soon as possible in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and no later than 14 days after completion of transit, being the delivery date of the goods to residence, and
c) written notification of all the items subject to the claim must then be advised within 30 days from the date of delivery of the goods to the residence, and
d) full supporting information in respect of any loss or damages must be provided within 30 days after initial notification
- You will then be allocated a Claims Service Manager who will assist you throughout the entire claims process.
- Please do not throw away any damaged items until instructed to do so as Insurers may wish to inspect these.
- Notification of any items subject to your claim not notified within 30 days from date of delivery WILL NOT be considered.
- Please remember there is no deductible applicable if you have used the removal services of a member of the British Association of Removers, the National Guild of Removers or separately approved by Insurers otherwise a GBP 2,000 deductible will be applied.
This will depend on the type of claim and the value involved:
- Insurers are entitled to settle your claim based on the cost to repair or replace any article lost or damaged ( whether wholly or in part) or to pay cash compensation
- Insurers may be able to immediately settle your claim from the initial information you provide therefore the more detailed information provided will speed up the time it takes to settle the claim.
- If items are not totally destroyed Insurers may request estimates for repairs.
- Insurers may need to send a Loss Adjuster (at their own expense) to your home to assist you with your claim and to find out more about your claim.
- Insurers have no desire to delay settlement but can only settle your claim in accordance with the terms and conditions of the policy.
- All Insure-your-Move claims staff take pride in the service they provide and will do all they can to assist you to resolve any problems you may encounter.